Friday, November 21, 2008

Clutter Free - part 2

Remember now some of these are way outside the box, but the box is full of clutter and the farther outside the box you are the more it gets noticed.

6. Toilet Paper - this was a joint idea between Noah (our awesome worship leader) and myself. No, we're not looking to make custom printed toilet paper, but that would me pretty neat. If I did that I'd put on there something like "this won't wipe away your sins, but Jesus can.". Seriously though Toilet Paper would be a flyer or a sticky note on the back of public restroom stalls that had a message/ad for the church. It would definately be the most redeeming thing to read on the wall. Given the number of things written on some bathroom stalls it wouldn't be completely clutter free, but I'm hoping our posting will have better art work than the rest of what is there.

7. Keeping with the bathroom theme, here's one that I morphed from the BuzzMarketing book and from a John Piper book. I was looking over Piper's book "Don't Waste Your Life" and thinking about it when I read that a creative buzz-maker was to make custom printed urinal screens. It might be a bit crude but it would generate a lot of buzz: "Don't piss your life away, go to essenialchurch.tv". My wife hates the idea. I'm trying to think of a slightly less crass message to put on there, yet still edgy enough to create some buzz. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
On a side note I emailed a guy who does custom urinal printing and told him what I was thinking of doing. I put my first and last name on the email. He responded with a sarcastic email with a vague price quote and signed his name "flush". I guess if your are an out of the box thinker and your last name is Swisher people from toilet bowl companies will assume you are poking fun at them. I emailed him back and told him it was my real name and we both had a good laugh. I haven't had someone make a toilet reference to my name since elementary school.

No comments: