Friday, December 12, 2008

We Have Landing for our Launch!!!

I must say I am absolutely amazed!!! Honestly. I met with Mrs. Risney, the principal of North Landing Elementary School this morning and she has agreed to let us meet there next year. For those of you who don't know our history, this is the school at which our church was originally planted. Based on a mutual agreement we left there about five years ago. I honestly thought that was the last place on earth we'd end up. I thought there was no way that a principal who had a less than favorable experience with us five years ago would even be willing to talk to us. But after every other door seemed to be closed, I figured what do we have to loose. I drove over to the school, prayed in the parking lot for a while, and then went inside. Mrs. Risney welcomed me in and was willing to talk about it. Now two weeks later after talking with her staff they have welcomed us back. If you know any of the teachers or staff at NLES, be sure to thank them for opening up the school to us. This was truly a God thing.

After working out all the details this morning I shared with her how thankful and even kind of surprised I was that she was willing to invite us back. She told me she was a little surprised herself, but said she just couldn't explain why she felt it was the right thing to do. I said that sounds like a God thing. She agreed. We serve an AWESOME GOD!!!

No comments: